Subject: bug#44413: 28.0.50; Provide function to close the tab

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 16:04:55 +0100

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

> Instead of lambda anonymous function it would be more useful to
> provide named function to close the tab. This way keybinding can be
> customized easily. There exists function to open the tab, while
> anonymous one is handling closing of the tab.
>
> <tab-bar> <C-current-tab> runs the command (lambda nil (interactive)
> (tab-bar-close-tab 6)) (found in global-map), which is an interactive
> Lisp function.

These are dynamically created actions to close specific tabs.  The only
potentially confusing thing here is that `C-h k' gives you an output at
all, but I guess there's not much we can do about that.

If you want to close the current tab, use `C-x t 0', for instance, or
rebind `tab-close' to any key you want.

So I don't think there's anything to fix here, and I'm closing this bug
report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no