Subject: bug#44413: 28.0.50; Provide function to close the tab

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 12:24:07 +0300

Instead of lambda anonymous function it would be more useful to
provide named function to close the tab. This way keybinding can be
customized easily. There exists function to open the tab, while
anonymous one is handling closing of the tab.

<tab-bar> <C-current-tab> runs the command (lambda nil (interactive)
(tab-bar-close-tab 6)) (found in global-map), which is an interactive
Lisp function.

(anonymous)

Not documented.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 25, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-11-01 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 76d522e59ef03397e15d30bb3b4de3840c917e63
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs-2020-11-01 --with-modules
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON
PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis
⎔ λ 🄯 𝍄 𝌡 𝌚