Subject: [bug#44401] [PATCH] gnu: poetry: Update to 1.1.4.

From: Sébastien Lerique <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 10:45:07 +0100

Hi Tanguy,

> FYI, the upgrade to 1.1.4 is also discussed here:
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44077

Aha, great news! I've also been working on this last week, so it 
must overlap. I read the thread -- can you point me to your latest 
complete patch and what guix commit it applies to, so I can see if 
I have anything different?

So far I had to update:
- python-keyring to 21.5.0,
- python-setuptools to 50.3.2,
- python-virtualenv to 20.2.1,
- python-distlib to 0.3.1,
- python-tomlkit to 0.7.0,
- and use requests-toolbelt-0.9.1 in poetry's package definition

And I was now missing poetry-core, which I see you have done. This 
is turning into a large patchset, and on my side it's still with 
some tests disabled (though I'm still planning to activate them).

> It seems that there's also a problem with the latest version of 
> keyring on Guix:
> https://github.com/jaraco/keyring/issues/469
> But I'm (slowly) working on it!

Yes, I found that simply adding python-setuptools (aside from 
python-setuptools-scm) to the native-inputs made the build-system 
recognize the version.

Once I have your latest patch I should probably be able to 
converge on what you have done. Here is my current patchset for 
reference: http://0x0.st/i7b_.diff , I'm working on 
4a914de930a8317cab5bc11bdb608e3a3da3d1ad. I don't know whether to 
send parts of this as separate patches or not.

Happy hacking!
Sébastien