Subject: bug#44396: closed (Re: bug#44396: FIXED)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 04:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44396: 28.0.50; Build error after 554495006e8d33a06c5df63fd8767c1124e1ed9e

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44396: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44396
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44396: FIXED
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 04:38:38 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is fixed.

OK, closing.

(You can close the bug yourself in the future by sending an email to
[email-masked] where NNNNN is the bug number.)

Subject: 28.0.50; Build error after 554495006e8d33a06c5df63fd8767c1124e1ed9e
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 23:07:27 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After commit 554495006e8d33a06c5df63fd8767c1124e1ed9e there is following
build error on Mac OS X 10.15.7

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  CC       kqueue.o
kqueue.c:131:64: error: too few arguments to function call, expected 7, have 6
    directory_files_internal (dir, Qnil, Qnil, Qnil, true, Qnil);
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                   ^
./lisp.h:4613:1: note: 'directory_files_internal' declared here
extern Lisp_Object directory_files_internal (Lisp_Object, Lisp_Object,
^
kqueue.c:455:76: error: too few arguments to function call, expected 7, have 6
    dir_list = directory_files_internal (file, Qnil, Qnil, Qnil, true, Qnil);
               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                                    ^
./lisp.h:4613:1: note: 'directory_files_internal' declared here
extern Lisp_Object directory_files_internal (Lisp_Object, Lisp_Object,
^
2 errors generated.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2))
 of 2020-11-02 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: 5cea77af41b59ba6f6386264812c36ec31ba2efc
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search time-date
subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs
cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 52172 5838)
 (symbols 48 6730 1)
 (strings 32 17864 2317)
 (string-bytes 1 598304)
 (vectors 16 12407)
 (vector-slots 8 168901 10702)
 (floats 8 21 29)
 (intervals 56 220 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Pankaj