Subject: bug#44353: closed (Re: bug#44353: [PATCH version-1.2.0 v2] guix: system: Add a new '--non-volatile' option for disk-image.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 20:22:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44353: guix system disk-image -t raw fails with grub-efi-bootloader

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44353: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44353
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44353: [PATCH version-1.2.0 v2] guix: system: Add a new '--non-volatile' option for disk-image.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>, Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 15:21:43 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hey,
>
>> Speaking of which, can we remove ‘system-disk-image-in-vm’?  It has zero
>> users now.

Done!

This series has now been pushed to master.  Closing.

Thank you,

Maxim

Subject: guix system disk-image -t raw fails with grub-efi-bootloader
From: Jesse Gibbons <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 10:47:35 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To replicate:
cd to a git checkout of the source code, gnu/system/examples
The hash for my current checkout is 
d7e033b9a153a9e60f52ff64f4eb355c1c3d0a6e which is also the hash for my 
current version of guix.
guix system disk-image -t raw lightweight-desktop.tmpl

lightweight-desktop.tmpl defines an operating-system that uses 
grub-efi-bootloader, and is embedded in the info pages as an example 
operating system. Since it is lightweight, it doesn't take as long to 
build as desktop.tmpl.

Expected results: guix builds the raw image just fine, and that image 
can be copied to an SD card and run on a computer with an efi 
bootloader, just like the counterpart with grub-bootloader. There is 
nothing in the documentation suggesting that this should not work by design.

Actual results: guix fails, see attached log.

-Jesse