Subject: bug#44351: Bug in grep v3.2 onwards in regular expression matching

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 08:05:12 -0800

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 8:02 AM Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 7:31 AM Norihiro Tanaka <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > By the way, I was wondering whether to add the test to ere.tests or
> > spencer1.tests or to a new file.  How should they be used properly?
>
> Adding the new test in either place is fine, but there should be a comment.
>
> Also, we need a NEWS entry. I'll add that separately.

My mention of NEWS here is ambiguous.
When I wrote that, I was thinking of grep's NEWS file.
Just after sending, I realized I must also mention the fix in gnulib's
NEWS file.
Amending shortly.

> More importantly, there must be a test in gnulib. I'm adding one with
> the attached.