Subject: bug#44348: closed (Re: bug#44348: 28.0.50; eww renders xml processing element as is)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 22:29:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44348: 28.0.50; eww renders xml processing element as is

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44348: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44348
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44348: 28.0.50; eww renders xml processing element as is
From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 23:28:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, 02 Nov 2020 16:16:40 +0100 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Thanks.  I checked and saw that eww--preprocess-html is a new function
>> in emacs-27 (commit 568f1488), and the bug does not happen in emacs-26,
>> so should the fix go into the emacs-27 branch?
>
> Yes, this should be a safe enough fix to go to emacs-27.

Done in commit 1b7ab9d0ac and closing the bug.

Steve Berman

Subject: 28.0.50; eww renders xml processing element as is
From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 21:17:35 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I published a webpage using org. The output has this xml element at the
top:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

But this is rendered as it is in eww when I fetch it from the hosted
website.

When I view-source the element there is:

&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Note that the opening angle bracket is converted to HTML entity type.

The hosted page is https://codeisgreat.org/ and source is at
https://github.com/jangid/codeisgreat/blob/master/docs/index.html. If
that helps.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.6.0, NS
appkit-1894.60 Version 10.15.7 (Build 19H2))
 of 2020-10-31 built on mb2.local Repository revision:
74c45a62e1e48d7c52dc513b6911e65dcc38aa23 Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894 System
Description: Mac OS X 10.15.7

Configured using:
 'configure LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib
 CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/opt/ruby/include
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/local/opt/sqlite/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/libffi/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/opt/ruby/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features: JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG DBUS GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL
GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8 value of $LANG: en_IN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: eww

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t global-eldoc-mode: t electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t tool-bar-mode: t menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t global-font-lock-mode: t font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t auto-composition-mode: t auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t buffer-read-only: t line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows: None found.

Features: (shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail view mhtml-mode
css-mode smie color js imenu cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sgml-mode cl-extra
help-mode gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 url-gw nsm
rmc url-cache url-auth format-spec eww easymenu xdg url-queue thingatpt
shr kinsoku svg xml dom browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap puny mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
text-property-search time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv mail-utils wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr cl-loaddefs
cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information: ((conses 16 116182 8858)
 (symbols 48 13342 1) (strings 32 39602 2558) (string-bytes 1 1369339)
 (vectors 16 20825) (vector-slots 8 262285 11163) (floats 8 141 51)
 (intervals 56 695 0) (buffers 992 14))

-- 
Pankaj