Subject: 27.1; Calculator doesn't recognize negative exponent in exponent notation

From: Nicholas Harrison <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 12:31:17 -0600

Steps to reproduce:
`M-x calculator RET`
`2e-3 RET`

Expected behavior:
Shows the value 0.002

Actual behavior:
Shows the value 2

Other notes:
Any subsequent calculations use the incorrect value of 2. Positive
exponents, such as 2e3, work as expected. Negative exponents do work
properly in
the other calculator mode reached through `M-x calc RET`.

--System Info--
In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2020-08-21 built on CIRROCUMULUS
Repository revision: 86d8d76aa36037184db0b2897c434cdaab1a9ae8
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19041
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (v10.0.2004.19041.572)

Recent messages:
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading of snippets successfully.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
forward-sentence: End of buffer
Hit ‘?’ For a quick help screen.
Welcome to the GNU Emacs Calculator!  Press ‘?’ or ‘h’ for help, ‘q’ to quit
Working... [3 times]
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2 -static''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY W32NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2
HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Calculator

Minor modes in effect:
  pyvenv-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils calc-alg calc-ext
calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs calculator cl-extra yasnippet
highlight-indentation flymake-proc flymake warnings thingatpt
company-capf company pcase help-fns radix-tree help-mode elpy advice
edmacro kmacro elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc
esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell elpy-profile
elpy-django s elpy-refactor python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time
iso8601 time-date format-spec ido grep compile comint ansi-color files-x
etags fileloop generator xref project ring cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit linum material-theme finder-inf package easymenu browse-url
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 299822 11346)
 (symbols 48 23443 1)
 (strings 32 95340 2310)
 (string-bytes 1 2613219)
 (vectors 16 29471)
 (vector-slots 8 376248 12726)
 (floats 8 144 253)
 (intervals 56 418 0)
 (buffers 1000 15))