Subject: Re: bug#44333: 27.1; macOS menu bar 2-clicks

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 21:52:10 +0000

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 06:42:18PM +0100, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
> 26 dec. 2020 kl. 18.07 skrev Alan Third <[email-masked]>:
> 
> > Does the attached seem any better? It appears to me like the first
> > click on a menu is slightly faster (but that may be my imagination),
> > and subsequent menus are instant.
> 
> Not bad at all! Slow spells all gone as far as I can tell. Ship it!

Cool. I might do some further tidying up. I'll see how I feel.

> Next up, import the hacks from the Mac port that right-justifies
> keyboard shortcuts in the menus?

It doesn't actually right align them, but they're certainly neater.
It's actually almost possible to copy the Mac port code in verbatim,
the NS port's code is based on it after all, but I feel it may be
neater to use a custom view for the NSMenuItems. That would give us
complete control over the layout.

Of course, someone would have to actually do that work...
-- 
Alan Third