Subject: bug#44333: 27.1; macOS menu bar 2-clicks

From: Viktor Kharitonovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 20:53:27 +0300

Hello,

On macOS 10.15.7 menu bar behave like a toggle switch. First click is
ignored. Then second click opens menu and everything works as expected. But
another next click on menu bar (not on an item) leads to hiding menu bar
and then again two clicks are needed for open.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin18.7.0, NS appkit-1671.60 Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G95))
of 2020-08-12 built on builder10-14.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.15.7

Recent messages:
uncompressing ido.el.gz...done
Searched 0/1 files
Searched 1/1 files
Quit
Mark set
current buffer is now: *unsent posting*
Making completion list... [2 times]
Quit
funcall-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *5x5*>
Making completion list...

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules'

Configured features:
NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES
THREADS JSON PDUMPER

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_BY.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  projectile-mode: t
  company-tng-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/hrls/.emacs.d/elpa/xref-1.0.3/xref hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/xref
/Users/hrls/.emacs.d/elpa/project-0.5.2/project hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/project
/Users/hrls/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-1.0.9/flymake hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/Users/hrls/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.11.0/eldoc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug sendmail 5x5 mail-extr ielm cl-print debug
display-line-numbers vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir
ewoc vc vc-dispatcher haskell-doc inf-haskell haskell-decl-scan shell
pcomplete haskell haskell-completions haskell-load haskell-commands
highlight-uses-mode haskell-modules haskell-sandbox
haskell-navigate-imports haskell-repl haskell-svg haskell-collapse
hideshow haskell-debug haskell-interactive-mode
haskell-presentation-mode haskell-compile haskell-hoogle haskell-process
haskell-session haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils
haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc flymake
warnings dabbrev haskell-customize deeper-blue-theme dichromacy-theme
leuven-theme light-blue-theme manoj-dark-theme misterioso-theme
tango-dark-theme tango-theme tsdh-dark-theme tsdh-light-theme
wheatgrass-theme whiteboard-theme tango-plus-theme recentf tree-widget
flatland-theme cus-theme autoload cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
lisp-mnt mm-archive message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils misearch
multi-isearch gnutls network-stream url-http mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr url-gw nsm rmc puny url-cache
url-auth url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap epg-config finder-inf dired-aux
dired-x vc-git diff-mode cargo cargo-process markdown-mode color
noutline outline flycheck time-date pp jka-compr company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator xref project
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb omnitab my-packages helpful imenu trace
edebug backtrace info-look advice find-func f dash-functional help-fns
radix-tree elisp-refs s dash ido hydra lv projectile grep compile comint
ansi-color ibuf-ext rust-mode rx thingatpt company-tng company pcase
ace-window avy ring exec-path-from-shell diminish delight cl-extra
help-mode use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core edmacro kmacro wm suwayyah server wombat-theme dired
dired-loaddefs ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs delsel paren info package
easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 417887 486947)
(symbols 48 34423 1)
(strings 32 142378 89905)
(string-bytes 1 3608995)
(vectors 16 44990)
(vector-slots 8 604398 45426)
(floats 8 351 405)
(intervals 56 2562 282)
(buffers 1000 43))