Subject: bug#44330: 26.3; doc string of `cl-some'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 13:56:24 +0100

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> "Return true if PREDICATE is true of any element of SEQ or SEQs.
> If so, return the true (non-nil) value returned by PREDICATE."
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> The second sentence is meaningless/underspecified.  If the function
> stops as soon as it finds the first element for which PREDICATE is
> true then the doc should say that it returns the value returned by
> PREDICATE _for that element_.
>
> Without specifying, in some way, for which element the application of
> PREDICATE returns non-nil, "the value returned by PREDICATE" has no
> meaning.

I've now clarified the doc string here in Emacs 28.

However, the function is not guaranteed to stop at the first non-nil
predicate value, so that's not specified.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no