Subject: bug#44323: guix deploy: error: failed to deploy

From: Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 04:04:28 +0300

"guix deploy" is broken and doesn't print a helpful message:
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix describe
Generation 75	Oct 30 2020 02:07:38	(current)

  …

  guix 2eda0ed
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 2eda0ed1f87775532326804564e6dc45d74277ae

$ guix deploy -L ~/.local/share/chezmoi/dotfiles/guixsd/modules ~/.local/share/chezmoi/dotfiles/guixsd/deploy.scm --no-offload
The following 1 machine will be deployed:
  workstation-guixsd

guix deploy: deploying to workstation-guixsd...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '172.16.100.60'...
guix deploy: sending 0 store items (0 MiB) to '172.16.100.60'...
guix deploy: error: failed to deploy workstation-guixsd: ~A: ~S
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---