Subject: [bug#44321] [PATCH 5/6] transformations: Raise '&formatted-message' exceptions instead of 'leave'.

From: Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 23:39:03 +0100

Hi simon and Ludo,

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 00:09, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> (transform-package-toolchain): Use 'raise' and 'formatted-message'
>> instead of 'leave'.
>
> Naive question: what is the difference?  Other said why?  And so why not
> replaces ’leave’ here and there by ’raise’+’formatted-message’?

Probably Ludo can explain better, but the main difference I see is that
leave (guix diagnostics) calls exit, so the client code now can handle
these errors and it isn't forced to exit.

The patch LGTM.  Just one extra comment, this changes some format
strings, so we shouldn't forget to send the latest pot files to TP as
soon as we generate the branch for the release.

Happy hacking!
Miguel