Subject: [bug#44321] [PATCH 0/6] Adding a (guix transformations) module

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 00:08:31 +0100

Hello Guix!

This patch series is to make ‘options->transformation’ public,
mostly so that users can directly translate package transformation
options to code they can use in manifests.

The second goal of the patch is to have a new “Defining Package
Variants” section that gives an introduction to this topic with
all the relevant pointers.

That’s it!  Thoughts?

Ludo’.

PS: I swear this is the last non-trivial change I’d submit for 1.2.
    :-)

Ludovic Courtès (6):
  guix build: 'package-with-source' no longer takes a 'store' parameter.
  guix build: Remove unnecessary (replacement #f).
  guix build: 'options->transformation' no longer takes a 'store'
    parameter.
  guix build: Move transformation options to (guix transformations).
  transformations: Raise '&formatted-message' exceptions instead of
    'leave'.
  doc: Add "Defining Package Variants" section.

 Makefile.am                                   |   3 +-
 doc/guix.texi                                 | 278 +++++---
 guix/scripts/build.scm                        | 544 +--------------
 guix/scripts/environment.scm                  |   3 +-
 guix/scripts/graph.scm                        |  13 +-
 guix/scripts/install.scm                      |   1 +
 guix/scripts/pack.scm                         |   5 +-
 guix/scripts/package.scm                      |   5 +-
 guix/scripts/upgrade.scm                      |   1 +
 guix/transformations.scm                      | 620 ++++++++++++++++++
 ...{scripts-build.scm => transformations.scm} | 267 ++++----
 11 files changed, 976 insertions(+), 764 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 guix/transformations.scm
 rename tests/{scripts-build.scm => transformations.scm} (63%)

-- 
2.28.0