Subject: bug#44320: [PATH] [27.1] Make sure send-string-to-terminal send all contents

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 16:22:20 +0100

LinSun <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This is very old code, so it is surprising this only comes up now.
>>I'd rather we understood the issue completely before we decide how to
>>fix it.

[...]

> I had attached all the testing files, the testing.el will read the six image and
>
> send to terminal.
> (send-string-to-terminal
> (with-temp-buffer
>    (insert-file-contents "testing.six")
>    (buffer-string)))

Thanks; the testing.six file is more than 4096 bytes long, so it's not
surprising that this use case triggers the bug.  My guess is that we
haven't had reports about this before just because it's a pretty unusual
use case, and your proposed patch seems like the correct solution here.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no