Subject: Re: bug#44318: 28.0.50; Problem with ispell/flyspell and ""enchant"" backend

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2020 08:35:13 +0000

On Mon, 2 Nov 2020 at 03:34, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Thanks, but I'm not interested in working around installation problems
> of programs we invoke.  It's a slippery slope, with never-ending
> additional requests we will have to honor.
>

The reporter and I seem to have swapped positions on this!

I believe that the ispell.el code (which I wrote) is buggy: it should not
be incorporating warnings into its output.

Also, the patch I offered is a simplification of the original code. So, I
don't think we are losing here.

Eli, I quite agree with your sentiment, and I would certainly not advocate
installing a workaround in Emacs unless there were compelling reasons.
However, I do not see this as a workaround, and as it is also a
simplification, I don't see a problem.

-- 
https://rrt.sc3d.org