Subject: bug#44318: 28.0.50; Problem with ispell/flyspell and ""enchant"" backend

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 22:56:27 +0000

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 at 07:38, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> > I've noticed that enchant-lsmod-2 also produces this error in the
> > terminal, maybe STDERR should be omitted when generating
> > ispell-enchant-dictionary-alist or shoud this be reported upstream to
> > enchant ?
>
> The latter, I think.  Reuben, can you please comment?
>

It looks like Enchant has been built with the voikko (Finnish) provider,
but libvoikko is not installed.

I don't think it's possible to build Enchant's voikko provider without
libvoikko installed, because the provider needs to link against libvoikko.
So, this looks like a configuration problem on the user's system. To
convince me otherwise would require a recipe to reproduce the problem, I
think!

If there is a bug, it would definitely be in Enchant, and should be
reported to Enchant's bug tracker (details in the package). Thanks!

-- 
https://rrt.sc3d.org