Subject: bug#4431 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: Differences between message and mail modes)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:53:01 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#4431: Differences between message and mail modes

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
4431: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4431
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Differences between message and mail modes
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:52:24 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This bug is pretty much fixed now.  The remaining incompatibilities are
not practical to resolve, and will be caught by this change:

  2009-12-07  Chong Yidong  <[email-masked]>

  * simple.el (compose-mail): Check for incompatibilities and warn.
  (compose-mail-user-agent-warnings): New option.

In addition, I have finished updating the documentation in sending.texi
to deal with Message mode.

I'm closing this bug.

Subject: Differences between message and mail modes
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: quiet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:53:49 -0400

Severity: serious

Classifying this as serious since it needs to be resolved one way or
the other before 23.2.

There are differences between message mode and mail mode.

See:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg00827.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-08/msg00120.html

and the thread

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg00900.html