Subject: bug#44301: Black screen in Guix System installation

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 07:47:22 +0100

I do not know if you deliberately did not reply to all.  I hope you do
not mind me quoting you.

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 04:16:11PM -0400, Douglas Linford wrote:
> Is recompiling the kernel to include radeon an option?
> Meaning, can I recompile the kernel myself?
> 
> Douglas

Guix will not provide support for that, but there is a Guix channel
where others are doing that.  (I cannot link to it and of course it is
a trade-off because parts of Linux (instead of Linux-libre) are
nonfree.)  The uvesafb solution I linked to in my last mail is an
alternative that I use for one old laptop of mine that does not make
much use of your GPU and is therefore slower and may or may not be
more power-hungry, I don’t know.

soheilkhanalipur reported problems with an Nvidia GPU.  I had not seen
that before, maybe the above also helps.  I do not know if
soheilkhanalipur’s USB issues are still problematic.

(Sorry I accidently sent out a draft e-mail before, but it was mostly
complete.)

Regards,
Florian