Subject: Re: bug#44267: New input method 'compose'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 12:39:19 +0100

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> I agree now that a new input method should be sufficient, and
> no need to mess with 'C-x 8'.  All existing problems of input methods
> will be solved in another request.  So here is a new input method:

Having a Multi_key-like input method makes sense to me.  I don't get
this bit, though:

> +;; You can enable this input method transiently with `C-u C-x \ compose RET'.
> +;; Then typing `C-x \' will enable this input method temporarily, and
> +;; after typing a key sequence it will be disabled.  So typing
> +;; e.g. `C-x \ E =' will insert the Euro sign character and disable
> +;; this input method afterwards.

`C-x \' doesn't seem to be bound in this Emacs, and your input method
doesn't bind it either?  There's probably something trivial here I'm
missing; I'm not really familiar with the Quail stuff.  Or did you mean
`C-x C-m C-\'?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no