Subject: Re: bug#44257: guix boot stop

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 18:31:42 +0100

Well, since this is the Internet...

Leo Famulari 写道：
> The timestamps are reset to "zero" (the first date possible on 
> Unix
> systems) as part of Guix's efforts to build everything 
> reproducibly.

The manual does claim as much (in (guix)Binary Installation) but 
it's never been true:

  $ stat -c %Y /gnu/store/arbitrary.file
  1

0 is a valid value:

  $ touch -d @0 /tmp/foo
  $ stat -c %Y /tmp/foo
  0

But (IIRC) it's a dangerous one to use in practice as too much 
code assumes it never occurs in the wild, and use it to mean 
something special for internal use.  IIRRC GNU make was (once?) 
one such culprit.

I shall patch the manual and make this an actionable bug after 
all.

Thanks,

T G-R