Subject: [bug#44249] [PATCH] gnu: emacs: Make strip-double-wrap more robust

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2021 22:54:29 +0100

Hi,

Morgan Smith <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I've actually been sorta half working on this for a while now.
>
> The problem is exactly that the modules field is inherited. See each
> build system includes its own module in the modules field. The various
> emacsen are built with different build systems. So emacs is going to
> need to import (guix build glib-or-gtk-build-system) and emacs-minimal
> is going to want (guix build gnu-build-system). By setting the modules
> to be the glib-or-gtk-build-system, we override the default modules in
> each inherited package. This means building emacs-minimal would result
> in this error:
>
> no code for module (guix build glib-or-gtk-build-system)

Ooh, my bad, I had completely overlooked this “detail”.

Then I guess the patch is fine though… in this case you could
exceptionally ;-) write (car (find-files …)) so you don’t even need to
both importing (ice-9 match).  That’d save quite a few lines of code.

WDYT?

Thanks!

Ludo’.