Subject: bug#44216: closed (Re: bug#44217: 28.0.50; Incorret during delete in Tramp: Trashing...done)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 14:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44217: 28.0.50; Incorret during delete in Tramp: Trashing...done

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44217: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44217
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44217: 28.0.50; Incorret during delete in Tramp: Trashing...done
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 15:48:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Jean,

> Thank you, I appreciate your efforts. My testing was just find,
> deleted files on remote computers are transferred to local trash when
> I have variable delete-by-moving-to-trash defined.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Now close.

Thanks for confirmation, I'm closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; Incorret during delete in Tramp: Trashing...done
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 22:38:52 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have the variable trash-directory set and files go to ~/tmp/Trash

During Tramp ssh://example.com:~/ session I have delete a file and I can
see the message: Trashing...done which should not be during Tramp
session, as it gave me impression that file will be now transferred in
background to my local Trash directory which not the case. Not that I
have seen the file in Trash.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 21, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2020-10-24 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: 10e7c76ee3e263a7691745d9384bae475c2f5c86
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11907000
System Description: Hyperbola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs-2020-10-24 --with-modules
 --with-x-toolkit=athena'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB
NOTIFY INOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER
LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort hashcash mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config
gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json map text-property-search
time-date subr-x seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 55755 4779)
 (symbols 48 7130 1)
 (strings 32 19992 2080)
 (string-bytes 1 643851)
 (vectors 16 12572)
 (vector-slots 8 171868 9158)
 (floats 8 26 26)
 (intervals 56 258 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis