Subject: Re: bug#44217: 28.0.50; Incorret during delete in Tramp: Trashing...done

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 16:33:01 +0300

* Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> [2020-11-01 16:03]:
> Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> Hi Jean,
> 
> > Thank you, while I am git pull-ing and compiling, do you mean that you
> > have implemented that scp or ssh connections would be moving files to
> > local trash?
> 
> Yes.
> 
> > Does that mean if I have delete-by-moving-to-trash set for local file
> > system that in case of deletion of remote files those files would be
> > transferred to my local computer? That would be counter feature. As
> > remotely I am keeping huge files. Somehow I was thinking to distinct
> > between local and remote.
> 
> Do not trash them. Delete them, or move them manually somewhere
> else.

Thank you, I appreciate your efforts. My testing was just find,
deleted files on remote computers are transferred to local trash when
I have variable delete-by-moving-to-trash defined.

Often I am editing system files remotely and deleting backup~ files
for security reasons. Those files are small and transferred
automatically to local trash for some time, and I find it useful, with
less fear if I make some problem remotely.

For big files like videos and remote DVD images I will have to find
way to turn off trashing when connecting to Tramp. I can make local
directory variables if that works in Tramp too, or make small function
to verify if size of files is like more than 100K and switch off
delete by moving to trash.

Thank you.

Now close.