Subject: Re: bug#44216: 28.0.50; Incorret during delete in Tramp: Trashing...done

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 15:36:23 +0300

* Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> [2020-11-01 15:00]:
> Emacs does not exclusively target for GNU/Linux systems. Every user is
> free to set trash-directory to whatever value. For every platform, a
> system specific system-move-file-to-trash function can be implemented,
> it exists already for w32.
> 
> > Tramp may access remote files by using FTP, rsync, scp, and other
> > protocols, I just hope that trash inclusion is not intertwined in
> > those protocols where remote command execution would not even work.
> 
> I've implemented trashing to local trash for whatever connection
> protocol (except ftp, because it has its own implementation,
> ange-ftp.el). Just pushed to master.
> 
> Could you, pls check?

Thank you, while I am git pull-ing and compiling, do you mean that you
have implemented that scp or ssh connections would be moving files to
local trash?

Does that mean if I have delete-by-moving-to-trash set for local file
system that in case of deletion of remote files those files would be
transferred to my local computer? That would be counter feature. As
remotely I am keeping huge files. Somehow I was thinking to distinct
between local and remote.