Subject: bug#44217: (no subject)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 18:42:57 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> The Trash specification
> <https://specifications.freedesktop.org/trash-spec/trashspec-latest.html>
> says
>
> The “home trash” SHOULD function as the user's main trash directory. [...]
> An implementation [...] MAY also choose to provide trashing in the “top
> directories” of some or all mounted resources.

Ah, I see.

> However, in "~/.local/share/Trash/info/aaa.trashinfo" there is
>
> Path=/ssh%3aford%3a/tmp/aaa
>
> This will be unexpected, at least for tools which try to restore trashed
> files.

Yes, perhaps the .trashinfo file shouldn't be created in these
instances...

> However, perhaps Tramp shall call move-file-to-trash when deleting
> remote files, argument TRASH and variable delete-by-moving-to-trash are
> non-nil? Instead of calling the remote trash command?

Yes, I think that would make sense.

But if trash-directory is nil, and there is a remote trash command...
perhaps Tramp should call the remote trash command anyway?  (Many
permutations of possibly correct behaviour here.  :-/)

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no