Subject: bug#44209: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation failure in progmodes/js.el

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 23:06:56 +0000

Andrea Corallo via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Okay I think I see what is going on:
>
> We fail to inline `cc-bytecomp-is-compiling' inside cc-defs.el because
> `cc-bytecomp-is-compiling' is native compiled even if it should not.
> We do not native compile defsubsts so they can be disassebled by the
> bytecompiler to have the inlining performed effectively.
>
> Prove of this is that adding (declare (speed -1)) to
> `cc-bytecomp-is-compiling' to prevent native compialtion fix the
> issue.
>
> Now why defsubst is failing to do the same automatically is another
> question I have to look into.  I suspect this issue is also the cause
> of some of the warnings we see during the native build.

All right 5edc7aa019 fix the issue for me.  I've also added a testcase
so hopefully we have it under control for the future.

  Andrea