Subject: bug#44209: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation failure in progmodes/js.el

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 15:30:01 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I maintain both of these packages.  Are you sure you're testing with
>> "make NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1"?  The error does not occur with the minimal
>> bootstrap build, because that doesn't attempt to native-compile js.el
>> during the build.  I guess this error must occur at runtime with
>> deferred compilation for non-AOT builds.
>
> Oh, sorry, I assumed that
>
>  ELC+ELN   progmodes/js.elc
>
> meant that it was doing full ahead-of-time .eln generation...  but it's
> not?  Andrea, perhaps the compilation output here should be tweaked,
> then?

Correct we are printing ELC+ELN even when we are native compiling only
the files involved in the image creation + few others (the default
setting).

I agree would be nice to have it tweaked for when we are not doing a
full AoT compilation.

I'll have a look into.

  Andrea