Subject: bug#44209: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation failure in progmodes/js.el

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 16:02:18 +0100

Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]> writes:

> I maintain both of these packages.  Are you sure you're testing with
> "make NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1"?  The error does not occur with the minimal
> bootstrap build, because that doesn't attempt to native-compile js.el
> during the build.  I guess this error must occur at runtime with
> deferred compilation for non-AOT builds.

Oh, sorry, I assumed that

 ELC+ELN   progmodes/js.elc

meant that it was doing full ahead-of-time .eln generation...  but it's
not?  Andrea, perhaps the compilation output here should be tweaked,
then?

Anyway, with

$ make -j16 NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1 bootstrap

I do get the same error you're seeing:

 ELC+ELN   progmodes/js.elc
Symbol's function definition is void: cc-bytecomp-is-compiling
make[3]: *** [Makefile:314: progmodes/js.elc] Error 255
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/larsi/src/emacs/native-compile/lisp'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:348: compile-main] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/larsi/src/emacs/native-compile/lisp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:420: lisp] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/larsi/src/emacs/native-compile'
make: *** [Makefile:1143: bootstrap] Error 2

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no