Subject: bug#44209: 28.0.50; [feature/native-comp] Compilation failure in progmodes/js.el

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 14:55:38 +0000

Andrew Whatson <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Oh, you're compiling the archlinux package, not from Emacs git?
>>
>> There are no errors when saying "make bootstrap" from the Emacs git
>> native-comp branch, so I guess you should take this up with the archlinux
>> people?
>
> I maintain both of these packages.  Are you sure you're testing with
> "make NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1"?  The error does not occur with the minimal
> bootstrap build, because that doesn't attempt to native-compile js.el
> during the build.  I guess this error must occur at runtime with
> deferred compilation for non-AOT builds.

Hi Andrew,

just got the same error here with NATIVE_FULL_AOT=1.  Do you know if
it's reliably reproducible or just happens from time to time?

Thanks

  Andrea