Subject: Re: [bug#44208] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: netcdf: Update to 4.7.4.

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 23:43:05 +0000

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Yeah, next on my list of things is to actually send an email out about
>> the recent changes, but I can hopefully do more with this patch review
>> stuff over the next month or two.
>
> Neat.
>
>> My innovation for today is including some indication of build statuses
>> on the package derivation comparision page, and excitingly builds are
>> starting to happen for patches that I'm looking at (like [1] and [2]).
>>
>> 1: https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/compare/package-derivations?base_commit=c15509682f931f8afbe2d71ccdef278454c53774&target_commit=d9a510a2b972b90f8efed9172608f8e0d22768d1&locale=en_US.UTF-8
>> 2: https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/compare/package-derivations?base_commit=1c6d98533153bc8e0e36236e7fbcf1eb5e178d26&target_commit=8335d68660ce8813b6bbf515e40ed01cae4e7fb7&locale=en_US.UTF-8
>
> Very nice!  #2 is giving me “unknown commit”, maybe because the branch
> has now vanished or something?

Yeah, to try and keep the Guix Data Service database from growing
indefinitely, the branches for patches are automatically deleted when
the Debbugs issue is closed, and then there's some code to remove the
relevant data from the Guix Data Service. The last bit still needs some
more work to happen automatically, and I realised yesterday that I may
need to also automate cancelling builds to coincide with the derivations
being removed from the Guix Data Service (otherwise when the build comes
around, the agents can't fetch the derivation, also it's probably good
not to waste time on these builds).