Subject: [bug#44207] [PATCH] doc: Document the postgresql-config-file.

From: Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 11:21:23 +0100

Hi!

Some comments inline.

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:
> +@deftp {Data Type} postgresql-config-file
> +Data type representing the PostgreSQL configuration file.  As shown in
> +the following example, this can be used to customise the configuration
> +of PostgreSQL.  Note that you can use any G-expression or filename in
> +place of this record, if you already have a configuration file you'd
> +like to use for example.

I'm pretty sure you should s/customise/customize/, as the manual is
written in US English.  Also, I'd move the last sentence to the hba-file
description as an example there, something like: "Filename or
G-expression for the host-based authentication configuration.  If you
already have a configuration file, you can use it here."

[...]
> +@item @var{log-destination} (default: @code{"syslog"})
[...]
> +@item @var{hba-file} (default: @code{%default-postgres-hba})
[...]
> +@item @var{ident-file} (default: @code{%default-postgres-ident})
[...]
> +@item @var{extra-config} (default: @code{'()})

These should be @code, not @var, because they represent symbols from the
configuration.  The typical use of @var is for arguments---e.g.
@code{(call-something @var{param1} @var{param2})}---, whose names
don't have a meaning outside the actual implementation, but these
identifiers are symbols included in the API.

Apart from that, LGTM. :-)

Happy hacking!
Miguel