Subject: Re: bug#44204: Emacs --with-xwidgets complains under Wayland

From: Bhavin Gandhi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2020 11:21:15 +0530

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020 at 05:31, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Under Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS x86-64, when I use './configure --with-xwidgets' and
> run Emacs in the default windowing environment (which is Gnome under Wayland),
> simple xwidgets functions do not seem to work. For example:
>
> (make-xwidget 'webkit "title" 500 500 '())
> […]

I tried executing the above line in the *scratch* buffer, nothing
happens (emacs -Q). Is it expected behavior? I don't see any errors in
the terminal as well. I'm running under wayland on GNOME 3.36.7 and
Fedora 32.

In GNU Emacs 27.1 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.21, cairo version 1.16.0)
 of 2020-08-21 built on buildvm-x86-24.iad2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.12009000
System Description: Fedora 32 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-harfbuzz
 --with-cairo --with-json build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic
 -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG CAIRO SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY
INOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ M17N_FLT LIBOTF
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XDBE XIM MODULES THREADS XWIDGETS
LIBSYSTEMD JSON PDUMPER GMP

-- 
Warm Regards,
Bhavin Gandhi (bhavin192) | https://geeksocket.in