Subject: [bug#44197] Disable khal test suite? (was Re: [bug#44197] [PATCH] gnu: khal: Update to 0.10.2.)

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 17:59:06 -0400

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 09:14:10AM +0100, Lars-Dominik Braun wrote:
> I just checked on two different machines and you’re right, on my main
> machine the test suite works (even across multiple runs), on the other
> one three tests[1] fail – with exactly the same Guix version
> (commit 6a0fec57092d574c33b997e5972012e9c29a4dd4). This should not
> happen in the build environment. Imo it would be worth figuring out why
> it does nontheless.

Alright, I will disable it then.

Can you say more about the differences between the machines where it
succeeds and fails? It could help us figure out what's going on.

For me, I'm building on a Thinkpad (Intel Core i5-6300U CPU) using
Debian with Linux 5.9.1, with a tmpfs filesystem for the build
environment. I use an SSD for storage...  but I don't think the tmpfs is
ever swapping on this machine. There is a lot of unused RAM.

> 
> [1] TestCollection.test_multi_uid_vdir, test_event_different_timezones
> and test_default_calendar.

These fail for me often. I also sometimes see failures of
test_only_update_old_event, test_birthdays, test_birthdays_29feb and
test_birthdays_no_year.