Subject: [bug#44197] Disable khal test suite? (was Re: [bug#44197] [PATCH] gnu: khal: Update to 0.10.2.)

From: Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 09:14:10 +0100

Hi,

> Thanks for taking care of this package I use every day! :)
yeah, me too :)

> I wonder, should we disable the test suite entirely? In my experience,
> it's not reliable — different parts of it will succeed or fail on
> subsequent runs, or on different computers, or when verbose output is
> enable, etc.
I just checked on two different machines and you’re right, on my main
machine the test suite works (even across multiple runs), on the other
one three tests[1] fail – with exactly the same Guix version
(commit 6a0fec57092d574c33b997e5972012e9c29a4dd4). This should not
happen in the build environment. Imo it would be worth figuring out why
it does nontheless.

Cheers,
Lars

[1] TestCollection.test_multi_uid_vdir, test_event_different_timezones
and test_default_calendar.