Subject: bug#44196: closed (Re: bug#44196: [PATCH 2/3] system: Add store-directory-prefix to boot-parameters.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 01:45:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44196: Problems with /gnu/store in a different btrfs subvolume

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44196: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44196
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44196: [PATCH 2/3] system: Add store-directory-prefix to boot-parameters.
From: Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 02:44:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've pushed this last patch as 582cf9257cd1f9c969fbba5eb1c336ac8b975cde
with the following additions:
 - A pointer to this issue in the commit message.
 - A description of store-directory-prefix on the commit message.
 - A better version (I hope) of the comment inside <boot-parameters>.

Thank you very much!
Miguel

Subject: Problems with /gnu/store in a different btrfs subvolume
From: Miguel Ángel Arruga Vivas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 19:56:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I've been testing the installation and the use case for separate btrfs
subvolumes, so I created two different btrfs subvolumes for the root
file system (/rootfs) and the store (/storefs), and installed with guix
system init and a basic operating-system configuration.

The problems detected were:

  - [ ] Grub localization doesn't properly work as the root file system
        is not located in the literal route (that I hard-coded based on
        grub defaults).
        This was the main test, I still don't have a patch, but I'm
        thinking that we should generate the locale and provide there
        the store path.  WDYT?
  - [*] The keymap doesn't work on stage2, as the path contains the
        wrong prefix for the store file.  Fixed with patch 1.
  - [?] The store-prefix was not being provided in other places than
        the generation of a new system generation (sic), so
        "guix system delete-generations" generates grub.cfg with wrong
        paths.  This should be fixed with patch 2, but I'm not sure how
        to write another test with a marionette: gnu/tests/installer.scm
        contains most of the code needed, but I'm not sure how to do it.

The patches will follow this email.