Subject: Re: [bug#44191] gnu: Add kristall

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 16:43:24 +0000

Nicolò Balzarotti <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Chris!
>
> Thanks for the review.
>
> I tried, but:
> 1. breeze is a different package from the ones in the repo (url is
> https://github.com/Alexhuszagh/BreezeStyleSheets).  It does not seems to
> be compiled, I can try to package it.
> 2. there are files in lib/cmark that are not present in the cmark
> distribution (thei are .h files generated by their .h.in), so I cannot
> extract our cmark source directly
>    - I tried keeping those files, but build fails [[failed-build]].  Not sure if it's
>    a patched version or if it's an older one.  But I can investigate
>    probably

I think you might be overcomplicating this. kristall shouldn't be trying
to build cmark, as it's a library, it should just be linking against
it. Therefore, you shouldn't need to keep the .h.in files.

Making kristall use cmark, rather than the copy in the kristall source
probably requires adapting/fixing src/kristall.pro.

It hopefully isn't that difficult, but I don't know what this .pro file
is, it also looks pretty odd in parts, especially the references to
/home/felix/... !

It doesn't look like the copy of cmark in the kristall source has been
modified much, which also raises the question of why there is a copy of
the cmark source inside kristall?