Subject: bug#44183: closed (Re: bug#44183: tramp-test31-interrupt-process test fails intermittently)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 11:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#44183: tramp-test31-interrupt-process test fails intermittently

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
44183: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=44183
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#44183: tramp-test31-interrupt-process test fails intermittently
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 04:26:22 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I can't remember having seen this in a while.  Is it still an issue?
>
> It happens from time to time during my excessive regression tests. Still
> rarely, so I have no chance to debug.

I haven't seen this in quite a while, so this is either fixed or even
more rare now.  So it seems unlikely that we will make any progress
here, and I'm closing this bug.  Thanks.

Subject: tramp-test31-interrupt-process test fails intermittently
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 19:12:08 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I got the below error when running "make -j8 check-expensive".  This
seems to be intermittent.  It didn't show up on a second run or several
runs previous to the failing one.

I've attached "tramp-tests.log".  This is running on latest master on
Debian GNU/Linux.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

cmd: (/bin/sh -i)
buf:

---
Test tramp-test31-interrupt-process backtrace:
  signal(ert-test-failed ("`tramp-test31-interrupt-process' timed out"
  ert-fail("`tramp-test31-interrupt-process' timed out")
  tramp--test-timeout-handler()
  (progn (tramp--test-timeout-handler))
  (if (eq -with-timeout-value- 'timeout) (progn (tramp--test-timeout-h
  (let ((-with-timeout-value- (catch 'timeout (let* ((-with-timeout-ti
  (progn (setq proc (start-file-process-shell-command "test" (current-
  (unwind-protect (progn (setq proc (start-file-process-shell-command
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer temp-buffer) (unwind-protect (progn
  (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*"))) (save-current-b
  (unwind-protect (let ((temp-buffer (generate-new-buffer " *temp*")))
  (let ((default-directory (file-truename tramp-test-temporary-file-di
  (closure (ange-ftp-make-backup-files t) nil (let* ((fn-5416 #'tramp-
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name tramp-test31-interrupt-process :docum
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (tag :unstable)) #f(compiled-function (event-type
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :unstable)))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :unstable)))
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (tag :unstable))) t)
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/net/tramp-tests.el"
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test tramp-test31-interrupt-process condition:
    (ert-test-failed "`tramp-test31-interrupt-process' timed out")
   FAILED  44/69  tramp-test31-interrupt-process (10.422236 sec)