Subject: bug#44180: 28.0.50; Emacs frames won't redisplay unless resized

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 08:55:48 +0200

I just meant that their 'visibility frame-parameter became 'icon. Their
 > "real" visibility is the same as always -- the two non-focused frames
 > are visible only as stacked title bars above the currently focused frame.

Can you please describe this in more detail.  As I understand it, your
initial frame looks as usual until you do C-x 5 2.  At that moment, the
initial frame becomes non-focused and appears as a stacked title bar
while the new frame becomes focused and appears as expected.  Is that
right?  Then how does the "fullscreen frames by default" fit into this
picture and how does a tiling manager use stacking?

 >>> I haven't changed anything in my window manager config, and the i3
 >>> package hasn't been updated since August. The only recent commit that
 >>> looks like it could be at all relevant is 2c0cd90083.
 >>
 >> And if you revert that change, does the problem go away?
 >
 > Yes it does!

Maybe we need an option for 2c0cd90083.  Maybe we also should just
wait.  I'd expect a few more of such reports to drop in.

martin