Subject: Re: [PATCH] Create importer for Go modules

From: JOULAUD François <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2021 16:43:02 +0000

Hello!

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 02:27:57PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> I think whoever among you is available to work on it these days could
> take the lead and prepare a final version of the patches.  It looks like
> it’s approaching a first “committable” version (perhaps just missing an
> addition to doc/guix.texi and test cases like we have ‘tests/cpan.scm’ &
> co.)

I thought I would be able to send a working v2 of this patch today but
it seems I was too optimistic.

I found that some go.mod out there uses quoted string
which our ad-hoc parser don't know how to parse. cf.
https://github.com/go-yaml/yaml/blob/496545a6307b2a7d7a710fd516e5e16e8ab62dbc/go.mod

I don't know if this is a blocker for a merge or not.

Apart from that I don't know how to add guile-lib to the dependencies of
Guix (in order to use htmlprag). Help needed.

I tested it recursively with github.com/hashicorp/consul (which was one
of those with the most dependencies I found) and it mostly works.

Regards,
François