Subject: [bug#44178] [PATCH] Create importer for Go modules

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 14:27:57 +0100

Hello!

Katherine Cox-Buday <[email-masked]> skribis:

> - The conversation about this seems to be happening in 3 different
>   places: here, help-guix, and guix-devel. I guess we should be
>   centralizing here.

+1

> - I don't have any experience coordinating with people in this
>   email-style forge. I don't know how the inter-diff patches work with
>   attribution, nor how to get everyone on the same page. It seems like
>   multiple people are making conflicting changes at once (maybe that's
>   just my perception).

I think whoever among you is available to work on it these days could
take the lead and prepare a final version of the patches.  It looks like
it’s approaching a first “committable” version (perhaps just missing an
addition to doc/guix.texi and test cases like we have ‘tests/cpan.scm’ &
co.)

For attribution, I’d keep Katherine as the commit author and add a
‘Co-authored-by’ line for François and for Helio (that’s how we usually
handle that given that Git assumes each commit has a single author).

When that first version is committed, you can all submit patches for
improvements.  For now, the focus should be on getting the first version
in.  :-)

My 2¢,
Ludo’.