Subject: bug#44172: bug#49347: image-save not working as expected for transformed image saving!

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 19:12:13 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> - eww: I'm hard-pressed to think of a case when I have ever wanted to
>   rotate an image on a website.

I do that all the time.  :-)  Well, OK, not all the time, but it's
happened more than once when people post upside-down images for the lulz.

> For `image-save' specifically, I think this command makes sense in eww
> as you will obviously want to be able to save images from websites.
> I also think it would make obvious sense in a new `image-edit-mode'.

I think whenever a user sees an image in Emacs, they should be able to
save it somewhere so that they can use it for something else.

> But I don't see that it makes sense in `image-mode' that is
> fundamentally about displaying an image in various ways, and where users
> might be lead to think that any activated display options (scaling,
> etc.) will be reflected in a saved file.

I see your point.  I have no strong opinions on whether these bindings
should be in image-mode, too -- if they're too confusing, we can remove
them there.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no