Subject: Re: bug#44134: 28.0.50; epa-list-keys failing with‘wrong type argument: interger-or-marker-p, nil’

From: Colin Baxter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:05:31 +0100

Hello Stephen,
>>>>> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

    > On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 09:23:35 +0100 Colin Baxter <[email-masked]> wrote:
    >>>>>>> Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> writes:
    >> 
    >> > Steps: 1. M-x epa-list-keys RET ⇒ (lists keys) 2. q 3. M-x >
    >> epa-list-keys RET ⇒ Wrong type argument: interger-or-marker-p,
    >> nil
    >> 
    >> Works for me using emacs-28.0.50 and emacs-27.1.

    > It works in emacs-27 but AFAICT it cannot work with emacs -Q from
    > master.

I'm afraid emacs -Q does work for me on master. However, there is a
subtlety in that if M-x epa-list-keys <RET> is entered first, the public
keys are listed, but if entered a second time (after first entering 'q'
to remove the keys buffer) the error message

epa-list-keys: Wrong type argument: integer-or-marker-p, nil

is obtained.

Do you want me to apply your patch to see if it makes any difference?

Best wishes,

Colin Baxter.