Subject: [bug#44130] [PATCH] Add a recursive version of mkdir-p

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 21:36:59 +0200

salut,

On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 at 01:29, divoplade <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 1. Lobby guile to provide this function out of the box (this will take
> time);

This path seems the one to go.  It will take less time than running
Guile on Windows. ;-)

The only issue is that your code will depend on Guile 3.0.x where x>4.  

Otherwise, why is it not possible to send a patch to Guile?

> 2. Copy that of guix, or gash, or any other: this does not seem
> acceptable to me, because this function will surely evolve (for
> instance, if guile gets suport for mingw and we start running guile
> programs on windows) and I don't want to update more than one version
> of this function;

The ’mkdir-p’ version in (guix build utils) is the same as 2012.  So I
am not convinced that you will need to update it really often.

> 3. Depend on guix, gash or another package: this would be too large a
> dependency for my programs.

Ok.

On Fri, 23 Oct 2020 at 19:12, divoplade <[email-masked]> wrote:

> So, there's no temptation to make one-function packages.

One package making one-function package will call other one-function
packages. :-)

à tantôt,
simon