Subject: [bug#44130] [PATCH] Add a recursive version of mkdir-p

From: divoplade <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 19:12:17 +0200

Le vendredi 23 octobre 2020 à 18:37 +0200, Ludovic Courtès a écrit :
> 
> What I was questioning is the temptation to make one-function
> packages
> as is common for instance in npm.

Ah, so I can summarize. My solutions are:

1. Guile provides mkdir-p: Perfect!
2. I put the function in a package: not great, but acceptable.
3. I depend on gash: not acceptable, there's only mkdir-p that's
interesting, the rest is for advanced system tools.
4. I copy that function around: not acceptable.

So, there's no temptation to make one-function packages.

Should I understand that you question the integration of one-function
packages into guix? If you don't want it in guix, then it's fine, I can
just use it only for myself, I have my own channel. In which case,
please just say so, so we can all move on to more interesting things.

Best regards,

divoplade