Subject: bug#44128: [feature/native-comp]

From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:21:47 +0200

Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've pushed 0c1fc9d581 that seams to work for me, please have a try.

Unfortunately this still doesn't work (as of f9c1008ced):

  $ emacs
  emacs: could not resolve realpath of "emacs": No such file or directory
  $ which emacs
  /usr/local/bin/emacs
  $ ls -l /usr/local/bin/emacs
  lrwxrwxrwx 1 root staff 55 Apr 16 14:51 /usr/local/bin/emacs -> /home/jonas/git/src/emacs/feature

But this works:

  $ /home/jonas/git/src/emacs/feature/native-comp/src/emacs

And so does:

  $ cat /usr/local/bin/emacs
  #!/bin/sh
  /home/jonas/git/src/emacs/feature/native-comp/src/emacs "$@"
  $ emacs

That worked in the past but until now I subsequently ran into errors due
to things being undefined including `comp-*' variables and/or completely
unrelated things that should not be problem because when using "master"
or a release, they are loaded when needed.

I cannot be more precise at the moment because back then these issues
caused me to give up; and I am just mentioning this because so far it
seems like this issues is gone.

     Jonas