Subject: bug#44118: 28.0.50; Unwanted switch of foreground colour in *shell* buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 16:48:56 +0100

Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]> writes:

> These are progress bars that try to display how much of an archive has
> been downloaded yet. This feature seems to work fine…

Yup; I was just wondering whether "port" did without any ANSI codes at
all.  There have been bugs in the Emacs ANSI handling code before --
when text is output in blocks, and half the ANSI code arrives in one
block, and the next arrives in the next block, then Emacs would
misinterpret that.  These are supposed to be fixed now, but what you're
seeing seems to imply otherwise.

>> So I guess I'll just have to wait a while until something is
>> upgradeable...
>
> Approximately once per month GNU Emacs, development edition, gets
> updated. But there is no binary depending on it… ('port echo
> dependentof:<port name>' shows which other ports depend on the given
> one)

Yup; I guess I'll just wait a few weeks, and then do an update (with
instrumentation) to see whether I can catch it.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no