Subject: bug#44118: 28.0.50; Unwanted switch of foreground colour in *shell* buffer

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 00:18:46 +0100

Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]> writes:

> 	port upgrade asciidoc cmake djvulibre

[...]

> since some dependencies there exist. And since some other ports might
> depend on the newly installed binaries the MacPorts system is being
> scanned for these. During this you might be able to see progress bars
> appear. After this stage the colour is switched.

I've installed a fresh Catalina VM with Macports, and the claim that the
"port" command doesn't issue any ANSI codes while doing this stuff is
incorrect.  I instrumented the bit in ansi-color.el that does the
fontification, and there's a whole bunch of ANSI-related sequences:

(It's switching the colours to inverse video here, I guess...)

However, I'm not able to reproduce the problem you're seeing -- it
doesn't switch the colour to red for me.  Then again, that command
doesn't actually update anything for me, which isn't strange, since I've
just installed it:

larsi@open-catalina lisp % sudo port upgrade asciidoc cmake djvulibre
sudo port upgrade asciidoc cmake djvulibre
--->  Scanning binaries for linking errors
--->  No broken files found.
--->  No broken ports found.
larsi@open-catalina lisp % 

So I guess I'll just have to wait a while until something is
upgradeable...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no