Subject: SBCL is not reproducible

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 10:12:14 +0200

Dear,

Using Guix 58af4c9, the package ’sbcl’ seems not-reproducible.

The output of “guix challenge” is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  differing files:
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-rt.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/uiop.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-cover.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-capstone.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-executable.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-bsd-sockets.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-simple-streams.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-queue.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-gmp.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-aclrepl.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-sprof.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-grovel.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-posix.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/asdf.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-mpfr.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-cltl2.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-concurrency.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-md5.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-introspect.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/contrib/sb-rotate-byte.fasl
    /lib/sbcl/sbcl.core
    /bin/sbcl
    /share/sbcl/src/runtime/coreparse.o
    /share/sbcl/src/runtime/sbcl

1 store items were analyzed:
  - 0 (0.0%) were identical
  - 1 (100.0%) differed
  - 0 (0.0%) were inconclusive
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

which is confirmed by the experimental Data Service webpage:

https://data.guix-patches.cbaines.net/revision/4e0498c4d3f5ef03ac5afa4a3e570205c10c28c5/package-derivation-outputs?search_query=sbcl&output_consistency=not-matching&system=x86_64-linux&target=none&after_path=&limit_results=&all_results=on

I do not know if the patches in ’staging’ will fix this.

Note that this issue does not imply that the build system
’asdf-build-system/sbcl’ is or will be not reproducible.  However, this
issues cuts any Diverse Double Compiling attempt.

All the best,
simon