Subject: Re: The included file "help2man" is too old; correction

From: "Brendan O'Dea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 11:02:30 +1100

On Wed, 21 Oct 2020 at 08:31, Bjarni Ingi Gislason <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 04:46:05PM +0000, Bjarni Ingi Gislason wrote:
> >   The included file "man/help2man" is version 1.47.3 from 2015,
> > while the current version is 1.47.16 from 2020.
>
>   This was ment to go to "bug-coreutils..."!

coreutils does include a copy based on 1.47.3, with some minor changes
to handle the way that online documentation and info pages are
referenced in the generated manual page.

Note that minor releases (.3 vs .16 in this case) should only affect
files outside of the help2man program such as updated translations, or
Debian packaging.

For coreutils, which doesn't actually install help2man or use the
translation feature, updating to the latest minor version won't
actually change the contents of the script (other than having to
re-apply the local changes).

--bod